FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Ready for a BOM weekend? Mark your calendars... it's going down:
Friday June 23rd, 2023
Saturday June 24th, 2023
Ice District, Edmonton's iconic entertainment destination, is getting a major upgrade with the addition of a new Fan Park! This new, state-of-the-art space is currently under construction and set to be completed by the end of June, just in time for summer! While BOMFEST is still the main event, the Fan Park will be hosting multiple other festivals throughout the season, making it a can't-miss destination for music lovers of all genres. Get ready to experience the best in music, entertainment, and much more at the all-new Fan Park in Ice District!
If you are driving, you can access the park via 104 Avenue NW or 103 Avenue NW. There is also a LRT station nearby, called the MacEwan Station, which is located just south of the park.
If you're coming from out of town, you can fly into the Edmonton International Airport and take a taxi or rideshare service to the park. Alternatively, there are several hotels within walking distance of the park, making it easy to stay close by.
The new Fanpark in Ice District is currently under construction and is expected to be completed before the end of May. While it is still partially under construction, the Fanpark is slated to host multiple events before BOMFEST, including Sustainival and Rock the District. This state-of-the-art venue is set to be the hottest spot in Edmonton for music, entertainment, and more.
With its prime location in the heart of Ice District, the Fanpark is poised to become a popular destination for residents and visitors alike. This new outdoor venue will offer a unique experience for guests, with state-of-the-art technology and top-notch entertainment. It's the perfect spot to unwind, relax, and enjoy some of the best music in the city.
Whether you're a music lover, foodie, or just looking for a fun night out, the Fanpark has something for everyone. So mark your calendars and get ready to experience one of the most exciting new destinations in Edmonton.
Gates open at 3PM on Friday and 2PM on Saturday. Entrance to the festival closes at 9:30PM.
YES! There will be a coat-check / bag check service. Check the festival map (coming soon) to familiarize yourself with the location.
BOMFEST is an 18+ event with a site wide alcohol license. All patrons entering the event will need to provide valid government issued photo identification.
All government issued photo identification presented must be valid - not expired! The following forms will be accepted for entry into BOMFEST:
• Alberta Operator’s License (Driver’s License)
• Out of province Photo Operator’s Licence
• Alberta Identification Card (Non-driver’s photo identification)
• Armed Forces Identification Card
• Permanent Resident Card
The following forms of identification are NOT VALID for entry into BOMFEST:
• School Identification Cards
• Expired identification of any kind
• Birth Certificates
• Xerox copies of any identification
• Photos of any identification
• Health Cards
• Temporary paper ID
There are several parking options available near the arena, including the underground parking garage located beneath the arena, as well as the nearby City Centre Parkade and the Impark lot at 10304 102 Ave NW. Prices and availability may vary depending on the day and time of the event. Additionally, public transportation options such as the LRT are also available for those looking to avoid driving and parking in the area.
There will be no re-entry available once you enter each day of the festival. Once you leave the grounds on either the first or second day, you will not be able to re-enter until the doors open for the following day.
The following items are allowed and encouraged to be brought to the Festival Grounds:
- • Cell phones and portable chargers / external batteries.
- • Cigarettes (must be sealed upon entry) and lighters. No smoking outside of the smoking area
- • E-Cigs / Vapes Disposable Only. No refillable liquid chambers or oils.
- • Earplugs
- • Fanny Packs
- • Gum (must be sealed upon entry)
- • Personal sized hand sanitizer (sealed upon entry)
- • Hydration Packs / Camel Packs (must be empty upon entry)
- • Lip Balm, lip gloss and lipstick (must be sealed upon entry)
- • Non-professional flash / still cameras, handheld video devices under 6” (Sony Action Cam, GoPro, etc.) and GoPro extendable poles.
- • Physician-prescribed medication that is not expired (must show physician’s prescription and consult with safety officer upon entry).
- • Powder makeup (liquid makeup is prohibited)
- • Small bags, single-compartment bags, plush bags, purses, backpacks (maximum 12”x12”). Anything over 12”x12” must be see through.
- • Sunglasses & hats
- • Tampon and pads (sealed upon entry)
- • Wet Wipes (sealed upon entry)
- • Bug Spray (sealed upon entry)
- • Hula-hoops & Poi (no whips).
- • Totems under 4ft tall – no larger than 12 inches wide.
The following items are not to be brought to the festival grounds:
- • Aerosol products / cans
- • Balls or Frisbees
- • Bota bags
- • Deodorant
- • Drones, remote-controlled aircraft, toys
- • Drugs or drug paraphernalia
- • Eye drops
- • Glass, cans, cups, or coolers
- • Inflatables of any kind
- • Helium Balloons
- • Illegal substances
- • Large chains or spiked jewelry
- Laser pointers, whistles, or air horns
- • Liquid makeup
- • Markers, pens, or spray paint
- • Massagers
- • Open packs of cigarettes (upon entry)
- • Outside food or beverages (including alcohol and candy). GF Food options will be available at vendors.
- • Over-the-counter medication
- • Pacifiers
- • Personal misting fan with attached bottle
- • Pets
- • Professional photo, video, or audio recording equipment (detachable lenses, tripods, big zooms or commercial-use rigs)
- • Selfie sticks
- • Stickers, flyers, posters
- • Stuffed animals or dolls
- • Tents, large umbrellas, chairs, or blankets
- • Toy guns, water guns, slingshots
- • Unsealed tampons or pads (upon entry)
- • No spray paint or permanent markers
- • No footballs, soccer balls, or other sports equipment
- • No prams or strollers
- • No homemade food in re-sealable containers (GF Options will be available at vendors)
- • No fire dancing equipment.
- • No Whips.
*** No items that in the opinion of management / security that could cause harm or public nuisance ***
Single day passes are available for purchase!
Yes! We will be announcing after-parties as the event approaches.
In case of inclement weather, attendees will be directed to take shelter inside one of the surrounding buildings, not under trees or on the performance stage, and advised to seek the safety of a vehicle if sufficient time permits, while the event management team closely monitors the situation and ensures the safety of all participants. Please note that the show will go on rain or shine, and attendees will be allowed back onto the festival grounds once the weather has passed and the site has been inspected and cleared by the event management team.
Payment Plans are available. You can split your payments using KLARNA during checkout when purchasing any of the tickets!
As with most concert / event tickets - BOMFEST passes are non-refundable. No refunds or exchanges. All sales are final.
Yes! Absolutely, there is a smoking area located on site!
Personal quantities of Cannabis (maximum of 30g per person) are allowed onsite for consumption within the designated areas. Cannabis products must be sealed, store-bought packaging. All seals must be unbroken. Due to the nature of an outdoor festival, pre-rolls are encouraged.
Yes, camel packs are allowed! However, we must stress - be-careful of OVERHYDRATION! Ensure that you are getting enough electrolytes with your water!
YES! We have a very limited amount of Cabana's available. Please email [email protected] for more details.
At BOMFEST, there will be an extensive selection of food trucks available to cater to all patrons, including those with dietary restrictions. Whether you are vegan, gluten-free, or simply looking for a healthy option, there will be a diverse range of food vendors to choose from. The festival organizers are committed to ensuring that everyone can enjoy the culinary experience at BOMFEST, and have gone to great lengths to ensure that there are options available for all dietary needs.
If you're interested in becoming a food vendor, please fill out this form. Keep checking back here for more information on which vendors you'll see at the festival this year!
To become a vendor, please fill use this form HERE.
Advanced wristband information will be released closer to the festival.